There are beautiful places all over the world, but there is something about Florida that is unlike any other destination on the planet.
The Florida Keys are divided into five regional areas: Key West, Key Largo, Islamorada, Marathon, Big Pine, and the Lower Keys. These are all incredible locations but there is on in particular that stands out above the rest. Whether you’re thinking about finding some great homes for sale or just visiting for a long weekend, here is an in-depth look into one of the most popular destinations in the entire world: Key West.
- Perfect population — If Key West’s population was too large, the island would feel overcrowded and it wouldn’t be nearly as nice or fun. Thankfully, though it’s one of the larger Keys, its population is perfect for the island. According to recent estimates, Key West has a population of 26,990 people.
- Excellent location — Key West itself is amazing, but it’s located fairly close to some other incredible areas. Key West is only 150 miles from Miami and 90 miles away from Cuba.
- Home to some historic icons — It’s not just relaxing professionals who reside in Key West. The island was a fantastic place for literary greats such as Ernest Hemingway and Tennessee Williams to call home
- Beautiful and luxurious homes for sale — Although there are plenty of available houses in Florida, the Keys have some of the most extravagant. In fact, the median list price for a home in Key West is approximately $875,000.
- Perfect weather — It’s not just great views and a cool environment that makes this area a great spot — it’s the fantastic weather. The Florida Keys are one of the only locations in the country that has never had a frost or a freeze. The lost temperature ever recorded in the area is only 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you want to find some beautiful homes for sale or just take a look at some amazing Key West Florida real estate, give FLA Keys Properties a call today.